Canadian Shipping, Duties & Taxes Info
UPS & FedEx
We've been shipping to Canada since 2004 and we've gained a lot of experience over the years. We use this extensive experience to help our Canadian customers make an informed buying decision.
We offer our valued Canadian customers several fast and affordable shipping methods to Canada such as USPS (United States Postal Service), UPS (United Parcel Service) and FedEx (Federal Express).
We always recommend Canadians choose USPS as their shipping method. With USPS there is less chance of paying duties, taxes and/or tariffs. However there are no guarantees as Canada Customs makes this decision.
- Canada Customs does not permit Canadians to import tobacco into Canada as a gift. Therefore we cannot do this as it could get your package confiscated by Canada Customs. You can learn more online at Canada Post and at Canada Customs.
- Please note that Canada Customs is a Canadian government agency so naturally we have no control over their policies and/or procedures. Therefore any potential Canada Customs issues such as processing delays, duties and/or taxes are between the customer and Canada Customs. You may contact Canada Customs (Canada Border Services Agency) by visiting their site here.
- All products are sold, stored and shipped from our warehouse in Georgia, USA.
- Please note all prices are in US dollars.
- We don't recommend ordering more than 300g in total tobacco weight for Canadian orders; including any included free tobacco. If you order more than this you are far more likely to draw attention to your order and therefore be charged tobacco duties/fees.
- If you need more than 300g of tobacco it would be advisable to order separate smaller tobacco orders (300g or less) than one large tobacco order (300g or more) for the above reasons.
- Herbal shisha is 100% tobacco free and therefore it cannot be taxed as tobacco. This is a great alternative to avoid possible tobacco duties. Visit our herbal shisha selection here.
- Even if Canada Customs charges duties on imported tobacco you'll save money over buying it in Canada. The reason for this is the average price for a 50g pack of hookah tobacco in Canada is between $25-$35. We sell this same amount of tobacco for around $2.50 to $3.00; which is around 90% less than buying it Canada.
- Please note that once an order enters Canada then tracking the package at CanadaPost.com will provide you with much more tracking information than USPS.com.
- Add all your desired products to your secure shopping cart.
- View the secure shopping cart page.
- Enter your shipping information where it says "Calculate Shipping Cost" and click the "Get Rates" link.
- Please note we do not make money on shipping nor do we charge handling fees.
- If you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions please email us or call us toll free at 1-888-212-7377.
Most imported goods into Canada are subject to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5%. The GST is calculated after customs duties have been applied.
All applicable Canadian Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or Quebec Sales Tax (QST) will be charged. The provincial retail sales tax rates vary from province to province as do the goods and services to which the tax is applied and the way the tax is applied.
In Canadian provinces with a Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and British Columbia), you'll be charged the HST, rather than separate GST and provincial sales tax.
- HookahHub.com is not responsible or liable for information provided about duties, taxes or tariffs. This is solely the customers responsibility.
- For duty, tax and/or tariff information please visit the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) site online.
- To find out what taxes are charged per province you may visit Wikipedia.
- PST - Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan
- GST - Alberta, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
- HST - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and British Columbia
- QST - Quebec
Generally most imported goods into Canada are subject to a brokerage fee charged by the shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS/Canada Post).
The UPS and FedEx brokerage fees are based upon the total value of the goods being imported. The USPS/Canada Post brokerage fee is a flat rate of $5.00 ($8.00 for Priority Post).
- My Account
- Product Catalog
- Shipping & Delivery
- My Order Status
- Free Shipping
- Delivery Times
- Shipping Rates
- Canadian Shipping
- International Shipping
- Fast Shipping Guarantee
- State Tobacco Restrictions
- Returns and Replacements
- Refused or Canceled Orders
- Contact & Support
- Learning Center
- Security & Privacy
- Link Center
- Site Map
Happy Holidays Deals